- ButterBean - BooBoo - Lucky - WaterMelon - Scooter - Moose - Mama*R.I.P* - Scotch*R.I.P.* -

-Tiny - Face *R.I.P* - Eye - Princess - Brooke - Stripey - Smokey - Shadow - Piper



Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hiking the AT

Shon is ready

 I am ready






MacAfee's Knob 

PB&J


Carvins Cove









 
We set out at 8am .. for a 20 mile hike ... was a beautiful day. We began our trek at US 311 Catawba headed up to MacAfee's Knob then across to Tinker Cliffs and around Carvins Cove over to Botetourt US 220 ... 20 miles turned to 25 miles and it got dark on us.
I don't particularly like the dark - we had flashlights and hiked out by 950pm

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful country. It was a long hike, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful hike. Gorgeous countryside. Glad you enjoyed. Hugs GJ x

    ReplyDelete